Tuesday, October 14, 2008

More of what I have been up too

I have been keeping myself busy trialing things, learning new techniques and planning for a jewellery party before christmas.

I wanted to make some beaded rings and I found these two patterns on the web. The black and red one is RAW (right angle weave) using size 11 beads and swarovski's. Not sure what you call the beading around the pearls but the rest of the ring is brick stitch. Size 11 beads with a large swarovski pearl 6mm and two 4mm glass pearls I think they were. I have since made a few more with different colours and have now changed the band on the RAW ring to brick stick, it feels more solid.

After finally getting a grasp of beaded crochet rope I decided to make a necklace, pretty happy with how it turned out.

Our August bead meet challenge. It is called "weave a bezel" ( page 55 - step by step wire jewelry vol 3 no 2 summer preview 2007). Its copper wire with a sesame jasper cab.


Just a few earrings I have been making.

In August I was lucky enough to do a wire workshop run by Sir Paul Howard, Principal of the Gold Coast School of Wirecraft, in Queensland, Australia, & Lady Marie. Here are the beautiful things I made.

Sterling silver and the cab is mookorite jasper.
A gorgeous ring and bracelet, I just loved the ring and will be making many more.

Lastly was these gorgeous earrings.

I brought some 6mm natural fossil beads and have struggled to find anything to go with them so with little modification I used a free tutorial from bead infinitum I created the following beaded beads. Now what to do with them.

Octobers Challenge was make a tiara, This is my work in progress, have to glue and cover up the terrible wire wrapping. Sterling silver wire base with swarovski's and czech beads. It is going to be my daughters.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails